Founded in 1988, the Swiss Irish Business Association (SIBA) is a private and politically neutral non-profit making and non-trading association. The aim of SIBA is to expand and develop business and trade between Switzerland and Ireland and to foster economic co-operation between the two countries.
SIBA organises business networking events which include its annual business lunch featuring dynamic guest speakers, its annual golf event and presentations by visiting academics on topics of business interest. Additionally SIBA collaborates with other Members of the European Chamber of Ireland in arranging common events.
- To organise the exchange of pertinent information and experiences, especially through the common discussion of current topics.
- To facilitate contacts between potential business partners.
- To keep members up to date about current developments in Switzerland and Ireland
- To foster the Swiss presence in Ireland
- To keep track of enterprises established in Ireland, both Swiss and Irish owned with business and trade connections with Switzerland.
- To organise social and business networking events to create closer links between its members